Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My Writing Philosophy

My writing philosophy has changed through the years. When I first began writing it was mostly done to fill the pages, but as I grew used to it (and later fell in love with it) I saw that length had nothing to do with how good you were as a writer. My philosophy is simple: Write what you love to read, and don't be afraid to "be yourself" on paper. Structure is important, so always keep your audience in mind. I'm not completely comfortable with my grammar, but that is when we use the resources available to us. Just like in everything, writing takes time, so understand that it isn't always going to be a couple hours process. Most importantly if you feel stressed put your paper away for a while and bring it out when you've had a chance to rest your mind. Writing is a form of expression, so go out and express yourself!!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment