Sunday, March 5, 2017

Inforgraphics

In creating my first infographic I tried the following three sites: Easel.ly, Piktochart, and Infogr.am.

Piktochart:

I had continual trouble logging-in to Piktochart, and once I was there I saw that in order to get more templates I needed to upgrade my account ($39.99 per year). I felt that Piktochart would be a good tool for companies who do multiple presentations, but I felt that students wouldn't be able to get the most out of this tool.

Infogr.am:

Like Piktochart, I felt that Infogr.am would be better suited for formal presentations rather than for classroom use. It deals more with showing graphs and data, and it does have limited templates. Upgrading your account would cost about $19 a month! I feel that it would not get the kids excited to use this tool often.

Easel.ly:

Out of the three I decided to use Easel.ly instead of the other two sites. I found the Easel.ly was more user-friendly for me. They have MANY templates to choose from, and I feel that the students would be comfortable using it since it has a lot more tool buttons to help us out. Best of all, upgrading your account would just cost about $3 a month! I had a lot of fun creating my infographic on modes of reading, and I am already thinking of how to incorporate it in my classroom. Here is my infographic:


(You can also find it on: https://www.easel.ly/viewEasel/5138455 )

3 comments:

  1. You created a great infographic on Easel.ly. The information you found on reading preferences is really interesting-- people still like to hold a good, old book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your infographic! I agree that Easel.ly was fun to play around with. If I were to assign infographic creation to students, I would have them start with Easel.ly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also found Easel.ly to be more user friendly compared to the other two sites. I really like your infographic, it looks like something I could use to display my library statistics every six weeks.

    Denisse Ochoa

    ReplyDelete