Sunday, April 30, 2017

Final Reflection

     In our Digital Technology for the School Librarian class we learned about many resources we can use in not only our libraries, but our classrooms. I enjoyed this class because I was able to learn about new resources and how to incorporate them into my campus by watching examples of other such campuses. My favorites that I already am planning on incorporating in the future are using Screencasts, Flipagram, Animoto, and Podcasts. I feel that by incorporating Screencasts, students are able to take what they are being shown and can use it as an example for when they need to do it on their own. I fell in love with the idea of using Flipagram as a "look what we are reading..." activity, and I feel that students will find it fun as well to see themselves online promoting reading.
     There are some things that I had already tried before coming to this class such as QR codes, Animoto, and blogs, but I feel that I am better prepared to use them in a different way this coming school year, and I feel that by mixing it up and including new lessons will help make the kids feel engaged, and we will be putting our new iPads to good use. I feel that the kids may have trouble using QR codes, but by incorporating the Screencasts they will be able to see the step-by-step instruction of it.
     I am thankful that I got to learn so much from this semester and by seeing other examples from my classmates. It has been a great pleasure and I look forward to working with you all again.

Thank you,

Karina

1 comment:

  1. I never thought of using Flipagram to promote books or as a reading list, but I will incorporate it in my bookclub and share the idea with teachers.

    ReplyDelete