Sunday, April 9, 2017

Podcasts

Today I will be reviewing different modes to publish a podcast episode, specifically PodOmatic, AudioBoom, and SoundCloud. I have created a podcast before, so I have included the episode below under all three modems as to show and discuss my experience with each. My original podcast episode was published on PodBean, but I am happy to try new websites :)

PodOmatic Episode 1
Using PodOmatic was very simple to upload my episode on, but I noticed that we needed to have it in MP3 format already rather than having an option to record on the site. I was able to use an earlier format which helped me go step-by-step in publishing the episode. I was very happy to see that it was user-friendly rather than difficult. The only problem I had was trying to find the tab to post, and after a few links through the website I was able to do it with ease.

SoundCloud Episode 1
If you thought using PodOmatic was easy, then SoundCloud is beyond-easy! It took me less than 2 minutes to publish my episode on SoundCloud. Just like PodOmatic, you needed to have an MP3 file ready to go, but once you have that it will be ready in no time. This would be perfect for those podcasters who are ready for something quick.

Audioboom
For Audioboom I wasn't able to publish my episode without first applying to submit it. I feel that this format would be for people who are seriously considering podcasting as a frequent hobby or to promote their episodes. I believe once your application gets accepted I believe you will be able to extend your podcasts for monetary value. Audioboom is great for listening to other podcasts and they have a large selection of them.

The way I wanted to incorporate podcasts into the classroom is by having students either share and discuss the books they are reading, share stories they have written, and as a short series of experiences they've had in class. One way specifically I am considering using a podcast is with my Pre-AP class; we have been reading Lord of the Flies and I have divided my class in half where one half is "defending" Jack as the better leader, and the other is defending Ralph. Since they have written their responses in persuasive format I had them create a video that we turned into a QR code and will have my other classes vote based on the persuasive techniques used. If I could do this again, I would probably have them create a podcast and still use the podcast in coalition with a QR code. I think the kids would enjoy being able to hear their episode like they would on the radio. I am hoping to try to incorporate them soon, we will probably use GarageBand to create our MP3 first. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea for a Lord of the Flies podcast! I am going to share with our sophomore English teachers.

    ReplyDelete